Tuesday, March 22, 2016

For Siren and World of her Own I experimented with a texture medium called paper Mache clay. It is glue, spackling paste, and a paper pulp. The advantage is a texture that invites touch. The disadvantage is that once the composition is final it's very final.

I had a lot of fun with the experiment, but the labor involved was so very costly that I didn't find it profitable. I would rather create dimensionality with shading.

After building up the texture I let it dry for a few days and then sealed it in with a acrylic clear coat. I spray painted the whole thing silver. I painted in Acrylic over that. This painting, The Siren took my a whole year, and to date is the largest painting I have made.

It is at the home of my good friends Robert and Zoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment