Monday, December 28, 2015

Embrace, oil on canvas, 24 x 36"
 This painting was quite a project. I had expected it to take two weeks. It took three months. Granted, I did some less involved works in between stages. A works as monumental as this requires rest periods.

I didn't realize at the onset of the project what a magnificent monster it would become. There are a dozen ways it could have gone, and this, I think, is the best of all possibilities.

This piece is bright and beautiful, fun and whimsical. Much of my recent works have been subdued and calm recently. This painting is about energy and movement. To be embraced and embrace life in full acceptance and celebration even though the outcome isn't assured. 

Buy Prints @ Deviantart.com                                     Amanda's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment