Thursday, December 10, 2015

Artist Statement for "Lotus Blossom"; Depiction of the Goddess of Past, Present, future, and Fertility

 I invented this Goddess  as a combination of Vishnu and Venus emerging from the sea. Like Vishnu she is dreaming the world into being. Like Venus she is born from the water and is a Goddess of love. The lotus that feeds off the mud of the material to emerge through the water of consciousness supports her. Her yoni is exposed, a symbol of the portal through which we pass into and out of this world.

To me sensuality is divine. That it has been demonized by the repressive religions I find a great dishonor to the Goddess.

Now, I do not actually believe that Gods and Goddesses exist, except as important archetypes. They are images of our best and also worst potentials. I create images that celebrate the whole being, healed and whole.


Click Here for Amanda's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment